Earlier this year, based on feedback from the recruiting force, I made the decision to give all recruiters within the command access to Guidance Counselor Resource Centers (GCRc). We have created a single entry point that eliminated the need to log out of one "zone" in order to see another.
We have successfully launched the next release of improvements. These changes now provide leaders a greater view across the command. We are calling it "One Zone" based on our efforts to provide one point of entry for obtaining and updating information and applicant data. The most recent improvements are outlined below.
Recruiter Zone/Leader Zone (RZ/LZ):
- Leaders at all levels can now drill down to recruiter level across the entire formation to view all records, schools, zip codes, etc.
- You now possess the ability to view the date and score of the most recent applicant's ASVAB score, including high school ASVAB Tests.
- In order to avoid schedule conflicts, contact history screens now allow calendar viewing when setting appointments, and they have been expanded to display all comments, including leader remarks and reviews.
- Any MEPS across the command may now be selected to schedule processing when projecting applicants.
Direct Commissions and Accessions (DCA):
- We eliminated time out issues when executing boards and updates to waiver workflows and when providing current applicant status. Improvements were made to the assignment information of OCONUS locations, as well as, to the required processing documents for DCA applicants.
Guidance Counselor Resource Center (GCRc):
- Personnel at all levels now have visibility of applicant processing information across the command among brigades, battalions, companies and centers, as well as, all MEPS. Leaders now have the ability to access and modify the projection screens.
We continue to make significant progress in all steps needed to support the next effort of having a single application. We will keep you updated and will report any additional improvements as they are made. We are working diligently with outside support agencies to develop a solid timeline.
The best recruiting force in the world deserves the best support systems available. I urge you to continue providing input and suggestions so we can improve our operations.
Strength Starts Here!
MG Allen W. Batschelet