OPSEC and personal safety should be in the front of everyone's mind, including applicants who are processing to become Future Soldiers. Parents and spouses entrust us to safeguard their loved ones and return them unharmed.
A steady increase in incidents has resulted in our need to reinforce standards of conduct for applicants and shippers while staying at military contracted hotels. USAREC G3 will ensure that all recruiting centers have access to the current MEPCOM Security Handout.
We must safeguard those who volunteer to serve our nation alongside us while they are under our charge.
Below are the talking points each applicant, Future Soldier and shipper should receive prior to checking into a military contracted hotel. Ensure that they understand the talking points and the reason for the emphasis on their safety.
Talking points for the hotel:
1. Do not give out personal information over the phone. MEPS or recruiting personnel WILL NOT call your hotel room asking you questions.
2. Do not give out your room number to anyone you do not personally know.
3. Do not invite anyone into your room.
4. Do not accept anyone else's invitation into his/her room.
5. Do not swim alone in the hotel pool.
6. Always keep your room key with you at all times.
7. Follow all posted hotel security rules.
8. Do not have your "pre-shipping" party at the contracted hotel the night before you ship. This party should be done with family and friends prior to the day you go to the hotel to ship to BCT.
9. If you leave the hotel for any reason, ensure you are with a battle buddy.
10. Do not bring any type of weapon or knives to the hotel.
11. Do not drink alcohol.
12. Do not bring valuables or large sums of money.
13. No horse play or any behavior that may be disruptive or injure others.
Strength Starts Here!
MG Allen W. Batschelet